04/17/2021 - 6:30am
Experience the 7 Mile Bridge Run, a Unique Florida Keys Running Tradition
The 7 Mile Bridge Run is the world’s only race completely surrounded by water from start to finish. The date is April 17th, 2021 for the 40th Annual 7 Mile Bridge Run. Whether you’re a novice or seasoned runner, this is a race not to be missed, especially if you're considering a vacation to Key West in late March or early April. The 7 Mile Bridge Run kicked off in 1982, when the new bridge opened. This highly anticipated event can only accommodate 1,500 participants, so be sure to register as soon as it’s open.
- The start line this year will be on the WEST side of the bridge, instead of the EAST side
- Limited parking will be at Knights Key and buses will transport bibbed runners only to the West side
- Parking will begin at 4:00am and the last bus will leave Knights Key at 5:30am.
- Once on the West side of the bridge, runners are asked to comply with volunteer directions to ensure social distancing
- There will be no spectators
- Only bibbed runners may participate in the race
- A secure start area will be setup according to social distancing guidelines using street decals, linear rows and barricades. Runners will start in waves of 10 runners at a time
- Bibs must be visible
- The race will begin at 6:45
- Upon crossing the start line mat, runners may drop their mandatory face covering until either being picked up by a bus or crossing the finish line, where face coverings will then be required
- Runners will have approximately 80 minutes to finish the race
- Multiple water stations will be provided along the course
- Sweep buses will pickup any runners whose pace will not allow them to finish within the allotted timeframe
- Finisher medals will be distributed at the finish line
- All runners will be timed using mat time, including overall winners. Results will be made available online; however there will be no awards ceremony. Awards will be mailed to all winners
- Refreshments will be available to runners at the finish line
- The bridge will reopen at 9:00
BOOK YOUR VACATION RENTAL FOR THE 7 MILE BRIDGE RUN
Don't wait to book your Key West vacation rental if you're planning on entering or spectating the 7 Mile Bridge Run. Choose from our selection of luxury homes, vacation rentals with a pool, pet friendly rentals, condos or townhomes.